Friday, September 5, 2008

Butter and Margarine Substitute


I was told somewhere, that if you but olive oil in the fridge or freezer that it will harden, and can be used as a substitute to real butter and margarine.

I decided to try this.

I poured a cup on oil into a bowl and put it in the fridge. It took several days to harden, but it eventually did. I use this all the time now. I have put it in the freezer when I wanted a batch made sooner, but then it still needed time to thaw.

I've used it on bread, and in hot vegetables. When baking, I just use straight olive oil instead of margarine, and it has worked every time so far.

Olive oil is high in antioxidants, vitamins K and E. It has been shown to lowers the bad cholesterol, without reducing the good cholesterol, reduce risks of heart diseases, improve circulation, prevent breast cancer and osteoporosis.

With all these great benefits, why would I use anything else??



No comments: