Saturday, September 27, 2008

Low Carb Recipe for Chicken Salad

With so many different low carb diets, different peoples likes and dislikes, and so many recipes that have been created, or have yet to be created, it is hard to find something everyone can enjoy. I hope that this chicken salad will be one you enjoy as much as we do.

I recommend using Dijon mustard, and not substituting with a regular mustard. It adds that hint of flavor that makes this salad something special.

This chicken salad is 16 grams of net carbohydrates per serving.


1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup mayo
4 tablespoons relish
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
pinch black pepper
4 cups chicken, cooked, and cut into bite size pieces
Salad Greens

Mix well the first 5 ingredients into a large bowl. Then add the chicken. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for later.

Serve over salad greens.


Per serving(makes 4) 410 calories, 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein

Low Carb Recipe for Chicken Soup

4 comments:

Kimmers12202 said...

Can you tell me why this is 16 grams of carbs? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It sounds real yumbo. I'll have try it next time I eat chicken salsd.

t_l_lynch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
t_l_lynch said...

The mayo is what drove up the carbs in this recipe. My mayo is really high carbs.
1/2 cup mayo 28.62 g
There is better mayo out there. And that will reduce the carb count for you too!

I am debating making my own, but haven't yet done it.